How to Land Podcast Interviews (and Grow Your Business)
In today’s episode, I’m going to share…
- The benefits of being a guest on podcast shows
- How to Go about Landing More Podcast Interviews
- How to Be a Standout Guest
First, let’s talk about some of the benefits of being a guest on other podcasts:
- Exposure – It is an opportunity for you to get in front of someone else’s audience to deliver value and for them to get to know you.
- Influence/Authority – The more you become known for a certain topic, the more you become viewed as an “expert” or the “go-to” person which allows people to begin the journey of know, like, and trust factor.
- Leadgen – When you are a guest on a show it allows you to invite those listeners to engage with you that may ultimately become a customer.
How to Land more Podcast Interviews:
If you want to land more podcast interviews or start going on shows, I want to share a couple of things I’ve found helpful from my experience of being a guest and a host…
1. Make sure that the show aligns with the value you can offer. You want to be strategic and intentional with your efforts as much as the host wants to make sure he/she is bringing on the right guests for their audience. You want to do your research and make sure that the podcast shows you want to go on, you’ll be able to provide value to the listeners.
2. Create a list of 10-20 shows that you feel align with what you have to offer/teach and the listeners:
- Start with iTunes and search based on the category to make your list. Typically newer podcasts are looking for guests where more established podcasts may have a strong process and a pipeline of guests already lined up. These may be harder to get on and you want to make the most of your time.
3. Look for a submission process on their site.
- I always recommend starting out looking for a submission form to submit information to be a guest before emailing the host outright.
- Template but tailored. To save time and energy you want to gather your thoughts ahead of time about the benefit of having you as a guest on the show. Have your bio, possibly a one-pager ready to go.
The final thing I’ll say about landing more guest interviews is that a lot of it can come down to building relationships with people. For example, if I had an amazing interview with a guest on She Did It Her Way, I may ask that guest if she recommends anyone else to be a guest.
How to Be a Standout Guest and prepare:
- Potentially ask questions ahead of time to best understand how you can provide value for their specific audience
- Know your call-to-action. Where are you inviting the listeners to take the next step?
- Share the interview on social and email.
If you have more questions about how to start a podcast and want to learn more, you can head to www.shediditherway.com and click on free training to access the free podcasting course.
Until next time, keep doing it your way.
Read The Full Article
This Content Was Originally Posted At: